Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nikki's surgery

Yep! It's John again, I am posting to give the update on Nikki's surgery. She had her neuro-stimulator removed today. Saturday evening she started developing some severe pain at and between 2 of the incisions from when it was implanted. It wasn't working anyway, and because of the sudden onset of pain they decided to remove the device. In a way we are bummed because we wanted it to work sooooo bad, but since it wasn't it might as well be out.

Here she is before surgery:



and after:



The surgery seems to have gone very well, you almost can't even tell she had surgery by looking at the pictures. It must have been the anesthesia/drugs, because she has struggled a little since we left the surgical center. Mostly tired and nauseated. I'm trying to get her as much rest as possible, but she has already talked about getting out of the house. It will probably do her some good, she spends way too much time not feeling well. I hope she feels up to getting out, but I don't want her to push it...

Thank you to everyone who has her/us in your thoughts and prayers! We know we are blessed because of you!

3 comments:

JaLesha said...

Dang! I wish they could find something that would actually work for her! I'm sorry!

Jenny (GuppyLovesShark) said...

Hugs to your family <3 I feel for her. My back has been really really giving me trouble lately - and before that it was my neck for about a week. It is so hard to be in a lot of pain. Tell her to hang in there. Have a great day!

Jenny Stark

Anonymous said...

Call me if you want/need ANYTHING. And Nikki, if you want to get out, let me know. We'll do something easy going.