Saturday, September 20, 2008

How Blessed We Are?

The last few weeks have been very spiritual for me. I am so very glad to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that my family will be together forever. I know that if we but endure our reward shall be great. Even though at times I need to be reminded of this. These few events happened at just the right time. Life's been pretty hard for my family and this just reminded us what we always knew.



About two weeks ago one of my best friends, Robin was sealed to her sweetheart Ryan in the Ogden Temple. Robin's two girls Cristyn and Abbey from a previous marriage was also sealed to them. They are also expecting a new arrival in February. Ryan also had his little boy Spencer there who could observe. It brought back so many memories for me because John and I had not been to a live sealing since our own back in 2002. To see these Cristyn, Abbey, and Spencer all walk in dressed in white took my breathe away. I was remembering when they brought Jordan and Skyler in to be sealed to John and I. This has been a long time coming and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Robin and I have been through so much together and it was nice to be able to be there to support her and her family. I told myself that I wasn't going to cry but as soon as it was over and we offered our condolences I told her I would talk to her later or I'd cry and then I looked at her dad and the tears started to flow as he put his arms around me. I was so glad to be able to be a part of this special day.



So last Sunday we had the missionaries speak in our ward. The spirit was so strong. I can't say when the last time I felt the spirit that strong. That night there was a youth fireside and John and I had been tetering back and forth about going or not but we decided that we needed to be there. It was amazing. T minus 5 was there (an LDS group), about 70-90 missionaries, Roy High choir, and the Ogden Mission President and his wife. We were just sitting there before the meeting and a gentlemen came up to us and was talking to us; I had already glanced over the program and when he came up to us I realized that it was the Ogden Mission President. There were hundreds of people there and he came and spoke to us. John didn't know who he was until after but what an experience. The missionaries all sang Call to Serve (Sorry John) but I looked over at John after that and he was crying. He said, "I'm going to be a wreck when our kids go on missions." Then the whole congregation sang it with them and the spirit was so strong. I have always been a person that feels the spirit through music and boy did the spirit testify to me.

Then in Relief Society on Sunday they announced that we had been given the opportunity to do RS to the nursing home and they still needed sisters to help. Well when the role came around to me there were still some empty spaces so I went out of my comfort zone and volunteered to say a prayer (which is very hard for me to do in public). I was very nervous in not knowing what to expect. I even had an out because a dear sister from our ward showed up to help that didn't sign up and I said she could take my place saying the prayer but then said no, because I need the blessings and the experience. I was so glad that I stayed and participated. It was a great experience and it was hard to leave those sisters there. I could go on and on but I won't bore everyone to death. I'm just thankful that I took a risk and I was greatly blessed for it.

1 comments:

JaLesha said...

You have 'condolences' in this post and I think you mean something else. The definition for it is: "sympathy with another in sorrow". But it was happy! Did you mean congratulations instead? :o)
I'm glad you've been having such great experiences! I wish I was still in Relief Society! I love primary but it's just not the same.