Saturday, September 13, 2008

Addicted

I just wanted to say that everyone was right. Reading and posting is addicting. I was already addicted to reading and now I am just overwhelmed about what to post and where to start. Thank you to the friends that have reached out to me. I am amazed at how many people blog now days and the cool little things that you can find to put on your blog. I'm still learning how to put things on and take things off and so on and so forth but I'm having a blast reading about other people and taking insight from people I don't even know. I hope that doesn't sound bad or nosy but it's neat to read about different people and their lives and the way they might have dealt with a particular situation. I am going to try to put some cool sites on my blog so stay tuned for those.

On a more personal note: Skyler, my 6 year old said the sweetest little prayer the other night. It's amazing to me how intuitive he is. Here goes: were thankful that Jesus went up on the cross, well we don't like that he was on the cross, but that he went on the cross so we could come to earth. Were thankfrul for money so we can have jobs and houses. We're thankful for adults so they can have kids and they can grow up and have their own kids. We love Jesus, Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost. He also prayed for everyone that was having surgery the next day. (We got a call that a member of our ward was having surgery and John went to the hospital and gave him a blessing.)

This is just part of this amazing prayer. All my children give amazing prayers and I am so proud of them. As most people know I am sick with headaches and each one of them blesses me that I will get better. It's amazing that these little spirits are so strong and pour out what is in their hearts at the time.

Another night we were sitting around the kitchen table and Jordan has been having a bit of a struggle and asked him if he remembered the Veggie Tale book "God made you special". Well, he said no and I went in and found it. We read it to them that night. So be went around the table and I ask each one of my children, why God made them special. Jordan came up with "God made me special by making me sensitive." Skyler said, "God made me special by making my back crooked." I don't remember what Dawson said because I don't think he totally understood.

What an example our children can be to us if we just take the time to listen to them; to watch them and be like them. I know I have. Life has been a rollercoaster ride for us lately but I know that we are blessed. I know that Heavenly Father knows us. And if we have more faith (which I'm working on myself) that he will bless us.

I just wanted to end with this poem that I liked that I found on another blog.


God made a world out of his dreams,
Of magic mountains, oceans and streams,
Prairies and plains and wooded land,
Then paused and thought, "I need someone to stand
On top of the mountains, to conquer the seas,
Explore the plains and climb the trees,
Someone to start out small and grow,
Sturdy, strong like a tree" and so...
He created boys, full of spirit and fun,
To explore and conquer, to romp and run,
With dirty faces, banged up chins,
With courageous hearts and boyish grins.
When He had completed the task He'd begun
He surely said, "That's a job well done."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

OH, that is a cute poem! Your too cute! It's great that your boys say such in depth prayer's...Josh has a hard time getting creative but then again so do I. :)

Jenny (GuppyLovesShark) said...

Your blog is looking really nice ;D I like the theme. And it is so cute with the pictures of your family <3 Have a great day!

Jen Stark