Sunday, February 22, 2009

Precious Moments...but left a lasting impression

As many of you are aware, we put our kids in a new charter school this year and it's been kind of rough. We had mostly downs but a few positives. John and I have been going back and forth about if we made the right decision or what to do next.

My life has been a rollercoaster ride lately and yesterday I was sitting on the couch and Jordan said to me, "Mom not that this person is not a good mom because I don't want you to think that but," he said something like I'm glad your my mom because you make us better and more responsible. You make us do chores, scrub toilets, do dishes, laundry, clean our rooms, take out trash and you should have us vaccuum and do something else. You ground us. I ask him if he knew why and I told him it was because I loved him.

He of course, asked me to never tell this person. But this made a lasting impression on me. That I'm raising my children with values and a brand if you will. More to come about what I mean by brand from our adult session of Stake Conference. I hugged him and told him I loved him and that just made my whole day.

Jordan, thank you for teaching me along the way. I love you.

0 comments: