Saturday, January 24, 2009

Opportunity Knocked

I have some friends that have done triathlons. I never really had any interest in doing one. I really didn't think I could ever do it. Guess what? I am, I can, and I will! That's my motto. My dad's response was kind of funny to this because he said so much for your bucket list. He meant because on my bucket list I have that I want to bungee jump, sky dive, and not quite sure what else but know it's a triathlon. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

It's hard to get motivated to start. I need to do this for me. The sense of accomplishment that I will feel. Well anyway, it was our wards turn to clean the church so I decided to have John drop me off and I would run home after I was done. A neighbor said your not running home and I told her that I was because I was going to being doing a triathlon with some other members in our ward. And I said something stupid and didn't mean it the way it came out. (Sorry!) I said if ##$%&*@ can do it after just having a baby then I can. I about died the whole way home feeling awful because I didn't mean it the way that it came out. I meant that I need to do this and I was so happy that I had others to do it with me and help support me. So anyway, my progress is slow but I'm not giving up. I just started and need all the encouragement and support that I can get.

I know that through this their is only empowerment. I ran and walked and ran and walked but I was proud of myself when I got home that I can do it and I did. It was about a mile and a half and it took about 20 minutes and 30 seconds. I know it wasn't the fastest but I finished and that's the way I'm looking at the triathlon. I don't care if I come it last because at least I did it.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

That is totally how I feel. I don't care if I have to walk the whole thing I will finish. You are right on about the empowerment thing. Last year when I saw Cayde, Adam, and Jen cross that finish line I saw the accomplishment in their eyes and I thought that is so me. When the weather gets better we should walk/run together. Of course I have my little brood but maybe we could schedule a time when the hubbies are home and could take the kids for a while. That would sure motivate me. I am so glad you're doing it. We are going to be a ward full of hotties :)

Rachel said...

YAY for you!!! I'm so proud! As soon as I get my whole stomach thing figured out, I'll be out there with you! I KNOW you can do this!!! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Good Luck! I wish you the best. Keep it up, I just started to workout too. It is very hard to get motivated but once you do it for a while it becomes so much easier. It is good to hear from you. Good luck again! Love ya!

{leah} said...

Good luck with that!! The adrenaline rush will be great!! You'll do great!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! That's all you can do. When I started training for the Spudman last year I couldn't run more than a block at a time before I had to walk for two blocks. That's the only way we get better!! By the time I get home, the weather should be better so we're going to put our noses to the grindstone and get busy!

Amanda said...

Tag your it! Check out our blog to see what you need to do. Hope everything is going great! Talk to you soon.